UF-AE - UFiber Active Ethernet Fiber-to-Ethernet Converter
Ubiquiti UF-AE - UFiber Active Ethernet Fiber-to-Ethernet Converter
The UFiber Active Ethernet is a 1 Gbps fiber-to-copper media converter; it allows ISPs to deliver active fiber to a customer's premises and connect it to affordable SOHO network equipment lacking SFP ports. Its compact design allows the UF-AE to be discreetly integrated into any environment.
Using fiber optic cable for data transport significantly reduces electrostatic discharge (ESD) failures and electromagnetic interference (EMI). Data integrity is also sustained in runs beyond 100 meters, the limit of Ethernet over twistedpair cable. The UF-AE connects remote PoE devices and provides data over long distances at high speed using fiber.
- Module compatibility: The versatile UF-AE connects any SFP or SFP+ module at the maximum speed of 1 Gbps. All UFiber SFP or SFP+ modules are supported.
- PoE convenience: The UF-AE can be powered by 24 V DC passive PoE or 802.3af active PoE.
- Supported speeds: 1 Gbps fiber uplink speeds and 10/100/1000 Ethernet speeds are supported.
- Status LEDs: Intuitive LEDs indicate link and speed status.
- Indoor installation: Use the included bracket to easily mount the UF-AE on a wall.
- Dimensions: 76.5 x 76.5 x 26.8 mm (3.01 x 3.01 x 1.06")
- Weight: 70 g (2.47 oz)
- Networking interfaces: (1) 1 Gbps SFP port; (1) 10/100/1000 Mbps RJ45 port
- Power method: 802.3af PoE: (pins 1, 2+; 3, 6-)
- 24 V passive PoE: (pins 4, 5+; 7, 8-)
- Power supply: 802.3af PoE or 24 V passive PoE device*
- Max. power consumption: 1.5 W
- Supported voltage range: 16 to 57 V
- LEDs: (1) Ethernet; (1) optical signal; (1) power
- Operating temperature: -40°C to 60°C (-40°F to 140°F)
- Operating humidity: 10 to 90% non-condensing
- ESD/EMP protection: +/- 12 kV contact/air
- Certifications: CE, FCC, IC
* Power supply not included.