ETH-SP-G2 - Ethernet Surge Protector, Gen 2
plus shipping costs
Ubiquiti ETH-SP-G2 - Ethernet Surge Protector, Gen 2
Introducing the next generation Ethernet Surge Protector, model ETH-SP-G2, from Ubiquiti Networks. The ETH-SP-G2 is a cost-effective solution for protecting outdoor Ethernet devices from damaging electrostatic discharge and surges. Since all Ubiquiti(R) airMAX(R) devices already have robust ESD protection built in, adding the ETH-SP-G2 to the installation provides an additional layer of protection to the network.
The ETH-SP-G2 is engineered to protect Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) or non-PoE devices with connection speeds of up to 1 Gbps. Two passive, surge-protected RJ45 connections provide maximum equipment compatibility.
All Ubiquiti airMAX devices are equipped with ESD protection. However, to protect outdoor devices, and to meet certain local code requirements, installing the ETH-SP-G2 is essential. For example, to guard against costly service calls, and to help your subscriber installations meet code requirements, install two ETH-SP-G2 devices: one near the CPE, and the other at the entry point to the building. Damaging ESD attacks and surges will be absorbed by the ETH-SP-G2 devices and safely discharged into the ground.
- Dimensions: 91 x 61 x 32.5 mm (3.58 x 2.4 x 1.28")
- Weight: 80 g (2.82 oz)
- Interface connections: (2) RJ45 female connectors
- ESD/EMP protection: Absorbing transient current with response to surge voltage from 100 V/s to 1 kV/s
- DC spark-over voltage: 90 V (at) 100 V/s
- Maximum impulse spark-over voltage: 700 V (at) 1 kV/s
- Discharge current: 10 kA+
- Maximum insulation resistance: 1 G ohm (at) 50 V
- Maximum capacitance: 1.0 pF (at) 1 MHz
- Data line protection: RJ45 10/100/1000 Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3af PoE support: Yes
- Shock and vibration certification: ETSI300-019-1.4 standard
- Operating temperature: -30°C to 65°C (-22°F to 149°F)
- Operating humidity: 10 to 90% non-condensing