Turris MOX Power Wi-Fi
Turris MOX Power Wi-Fi
The Turris MOX is a unique modular router suitable for small and medium enterprises, geeks and the households of all users who are aware of the Internets risks. Thanks to its secure default configuration, automatic firmware updates and adaptive distributed firewall, the product is very secure. The Turris MOX is also open source – it runs a free Linux operating system (based on OpenWrt) on open hardware. You can buy a Turris MOX as a complete set (Pocket Wi-Fi, Power Wi-Fi and Classic) or build your own. For that you will need the basic set MOX Start which you can expand with one or more modules (MOX B, C, D, E, F and G) and add-ons (MOX Wi-Fi add-on (SDIO), MOX Wi-Fi add-on (mPCIe) and MOX PoE add-on).
Key features of the MOX Power Wi-Fi
The Power Wi-Fi set is used to provide Wi-Fi signal or increase its range. It is suitable for purely wireless networks. Unlike with Pocket Wi-Fi, with the Power Wi-Fi configuration you can use 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi (for legacy devices) at the same time. And the 5 GHz Wi-Fi is even faster than in the case of Pocket Wi-Fi. This set consists of the MOX A (Basic) module, a power source, a microSD card, the MOX B (Extension) module, MOX Wi-Fi add-on (SDIO) and MOX Wi-Fi add-on (mPCIe).
The MOX Power Wi-Fi configuration can be significantly expanded with accessories. But there are many reasons to fall in love:
- Automatic updates – with MOX, you are always running the latest firmware with all security patches. You dont have to worry about anything.
- Attack identification – MOX can identify suspicious data streams and send information about them to the Turris headquarters. All you have to do is to enable this feature to improve your protection.
- Distributed adaptive firewall – the Turris headquarters compares data received from thousands of routers and if it identifies an attack, firewall updates are sent right away to all devices in the Turris network.
- Network storage (NAS) – each Turris MOX can be used as a shared network storage and can easily become your media server.
- Private cloud – why give your sensitive data to cloud services on the internet and pay for the privilege of doing so? Run your own cloud on MOX.
- Easy VPN – with MOX, you can set up an encrypted connection to your corporate or home network with a few clicks.
- High performance – the 1 GHz dual core processor can do everything youd expect from it.
- Parental control – protect your children against inappropriate content. The PaKon tool allows you to monitor the activity of selected devices in your network.
- Functional design – the design of the MOX with integrated antennas and without a single screw or unnecessary LEDs is very practical.
Turris MOX A Specifications
- CPU: Marvell Armada 3720 1 GHz dual core ARMv8 Cortex A-53
- Memory: 512 MB DDR3
- Storage: Slot for microSD card
- WAN port: 1x 10/100/1000 Mbps (RJ-45)
- External ports: 1x USB 3.0 (5 V, 1.5 A power output)
- Internal interfaces: 1x 64 pin connector for connecting additional modules; 1x 34 pin GPIO connector
- Button and switch: Reset button
- Size (W x D x H): 110 x 58 x 27 mm (without case)
- AC input: 100–240 V/800 mA
- Power frequency: 50/60 Hz, single phase
- DC output: 12 V +/-5%/2,5 A
- Operating temperature: 0°C to 40°C (40°F to 104°F)
- Relative Humidity: 10% to 90% RH
- HW extensibility: Additional MOX modules due straddle mount PCIe 64 pin connector