RB924I-2ND-BT5&BG77 - KNOT - IoT Gateway for versatile and cost-effective setups
KNOT - IoT Gateway for versatile and cost-effective setups
The newest addition to the MikroTik IoT product family – KNOT – is a truly universal device with exceptional connectivity options and protocol support. It is an IoT gateway that uses Narrow Band and CAT-M technology. Because of the low cost, low bandwidth cellular connection, it is supported by countless mobile operators around the globe.
It doesnt matter whether you have devices that are no longer in production, devices that came out this year, or even some custom solutions by your technician – the KNOT can help you integrate or tie them all together in a single system.
KNOT can monitor onboard GPIOs, convert Modbus protocol to TCP, and even forward Bluetooth packets to TCP/IP network via HTTPS and MQTT.
You can use the KNOT as a TCP bridge from wired Modbus sensors to send readings to a Modbus server. Yes, the KNOT brings wireless connectivity to wired sensors and actuators, such as electricity meters and relays.
It could be used as a backup connection for the Ethernet or as a management channel for your network. NB/CAT-M monthly plan is much cheaper than LTE. Why spend extra money on bandwidth you dont need? For example, you can manage a KNOT-powered vending machine with temperature and moisture sensors with only a few megabytes per day!
With the Bluetooth interface, you can use the KNOT for asset tracking and telemetry based on Bluetooth advertisement packets. KNOT supports any BLE tag that sends advertisement data, iBeacon, Eddystone or any other format.
It has powerful filters for forwarding only relevant packets and ignoring others.
KNOT is a great tool for most outdoor cabinet IoT applications as well. It comes with a DIN rail mount that allows easy integration with all kinds of setups: from agriculture and asset tracking to cold chain monitoring, industrial manufacturing, and so on.
Bring flexible low-cost connectivity to the most remote or tricky areas with the MikroTik KNOT!
- 24 V, 1.2 A power adapter
- Wall mount set
- USB OTG cable
- DIN rail mount set
- Product code: RB924i-2nD-BT5&BG77
- CPU: QCA9531 650 MHz
- Number of 100 Mbps Ethernet ports: 2
- Number of 100 Mbps Ethernet ports with PoE-out: 1
- Size of RAM: 64 MB
- Storage: 16 MB flash
- Wireless: 2.4 GHz 802.11 b/g/n dual-chain
- Antenna gain: 1.5 dBi
- Bluetooth antenna gain: 2 dBi
- Antenna beam width: 360°
- Bluetooth: Version 5.2
- Dimensions: 122 x 87 x 26 mm
- Operating system: RouterOS, license level 4
- USB port: 1x microUSB port type AB
- SIM slots: 1x Nano SIM
- Built-in GPS: Yes (GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo)
- Operating temperature: -40°C to +70°C
- PoE-in input voltage: 12-57 V
- Number of DC inputs: 3 (PoE-in, DC jack, MicroUSB)
- Supported input voltage: 12-57 V (PoE-in, DC jack), 5 V (MicroUSB)
- PoE-out: 802.3af/at
- PoE-out ports: 1 (Ether2)
- Power adapter nominal voltage: 24 V
- Power adapter nominal current: 1.2 A
- Max. power consumption (without attachments): 5 W
- Max. power consumption: 18 W
Certification & Approvals
- Certification: Bluetooth, CE, FCC, IC